AJ Turns Six
What a big day for AJ! He turned six-years-old! The day started with AJ going to school and celebrating with his classmates through cake and song and a special delivery of balloons which was pretty neat. (thank-you Papa and Grandma JO).
After school we took AJ out to dinner (Red Robin...his choice) and they came to the table and announced to the dinning room that there was a special boy turning 6 and then sang Happy Birthday to him and gave him a special dessert. AJ was completely mortified...but felt special (I hope). Then later he says to us..."Mom, Dad... I don't feel six"...and dad says "well what do you think six is supposed to feel like"? It was sure cute. After dinner we headed to see the Spiderman 3 movie. Which turned out to be a little more violent than the first 2... AJ had to cover his eyes more times than I care to count...but enjoyed it all the same. Coming home we did cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday and he looked only slightly less embarrassed than at dinner when complete strangers sang to him. All in all it was a jam packed birthday for our little six-year-old. Very memorable for mommy...~*~sigh...tear...~*~....even though he is growing up faster than I care to admit...I will always think of him as my little boy.
After school we took AJ out to dinner (Red Robin...his choice) and they came to the table and announced to the dinning room that there was a special boy turning 6 and then sang Happy Birthday to him and gave him a special dessert. AJ was completely mortified...but felt special (I hope). Then later he says to us..."Mom, Dad... I don't feel six"...and dad says "well what do you think six is supposed to feel like"? It was sure cute. After dinner we headed to see the Spiderman 3 movie. Which turned out to be a little more violent than the first 2... AJ had to cover his eyes more times than I care to count...but enjoyed it all the same. Coming home we did cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday and he looked only slightly less embarrassed than at dinner when complete strangers sang to him. All in all it was a jam packed birthday for our little six-year-old. Very memorable for mommy...~*~sigh...tear...~*~....even though he is growing up faster than I care to admit...I will always think of him as my little boy.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home