A Family's Journal

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New Pet


While out for a walk for an ice cream cone AJ spotted a couple of snails basking in the sun. He wanted to know if they would make a good pet...the internet being what it is today...I said we could investigate online when we got home (thinking it would be complicated to have pet snails and that I could rationalize with a 5 year old that we just couldn't take on this kind of responsibility)... Well turns out it is rather easy to own pet snails...so back we went to see if we could find them again...well only 20 minutes had passed and they were (of course still there) only a few feet from their previous spot...so we collected them in a rather handy little habitat that Aunt C had found a month ago for 50 cents at a yard sale...and now AJ is sooo tickled that he has Shirley and Gorgie to call for his own pet snails.... Those of you with girls...don't think you are in the clear...girls want little pets too!

1 Comments:

  • I didn't know you could have snails as pets, but I know Austin will be the perfect pet owner for his slimy friends. He looks so happy holding them.

    By Blogger The Cox Family, at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home